Forum

etymology of an ear worm

i may have misinterpreted the word etymology but will continue.

husband said he was a little hoarse.

a pygmy pony is a little horse too.

frank zappa’s lyrics frequently referenced pigmy ponies.

“… me and my pygmy pony riding along the range…” montana from overnight sensation.

also a strange being who had “… a snake for a pet and an amulet, she was breeding a dwarf but she wasn’t done yet, she had grey/green skin, a doll with a pin, i told her she was alright but i wouldn’t come in…”

camarillo brillo from overnight sensation.

having listened to zappa since i was youngish, it’s no wonder i’m mad.

Frank Zappa. OMG. Someone pour Carole some gin quick. It’s an emergency.

§

thanks sssue for putting the idea there.

it was never that far away.

thanks grandma, waste not want not.

Zappa’s lyrics are certainly epigrammatic and the sources a mystery to the not so street wise, like me.

But then, I’ve never been cruising for burgers in daddy’s new car.

Therefore I must remain a Hungry Freak, Daddy.

My favourite disc is probably Burnt Weeny Sandwich.

On a parallel note, I only recently found out that Don van Vliet, aka Captain Beefheart had MS. I listened to one of the Great Lives series on Radio4 in which he featured. Worth a listen.

Alun

alun

captain beefheart’s album ‘unconditionally guaranteed’ was worn thin by constant playing.

ah the seventies!

Zappa! What a hero, love it. We would jam in Joe’s garage… and bend the string like this

haha!

i thought i was the only person alive who remembered him and his mad songs.

don’t forget you should never eat yellow snow!

Mr flutterby knew him… I have YouTube … bizarre! Liked it though I always try things I don’t know because you might like it or learn something I don’t try things that I don’t know what they are because any thing could happen Oh and I never try yellow snow despite not hearing Zappa I guess im just naturally not a naughty eskino X

And the brilliant…Peaches En Regalia

Just noticed - Youtube has an item, Frank Zappa doing his stuff on Stairway to Heaven, someone suggested it could be Led Zappalin… love that idea!