ESA

Could anybody tell me if you get full medicals for free if you’re claiming ESA?

thanks in advance

Hi David I have not heard that before but people aged 40 to 74 can get a free NHS Health check at a GP surgery:

The NHS Health Check programme aims to help prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease and certain types of dementia. Everyone between the ages of 40 and 74, who has not already been diagnosed with one of these conditions or have certain risk factors, will be invited (once every five years) to have a check to assess their risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease and diabetes and will be given support and advice to help them reduce or manage that risk.

Thanks for the reply but I’m talking about a medical not a free health check which i had recently

A full medical for what, David? I’ve never heard of them being free to anyone, though routine health checks at certain ages (which you say you’ve already had) and screening for certain conditions are.

If you need one for work related reasons, I think either you have to pay, or the employer does.

Is it in connection with a job you’re applying for, or thinking of?

Tina

Hi David, my mother today was talking about ‘well women’ and ‘well man’ health checks. These are along the lines of the NHS health check I mentioned before but are a bit more involved including ears and eyes, ECG, some also offer neurological examinations. She said my aunt had a well women check on the NHS at her GP surgery, she’s not on benefits.

Reading about it online it mentions some but not all NHS GP surgery’s and hospitals offer the well women and well man checks. These can be also done privately with Bupa for example for around £250 to £400.