Earned a badge

What is going on?

I have earned a badge for sharing a topic!!! What!!!

When did I go back to Primary School??

I really feel offended and belittled. Treated as a disabled person who needs speaking to like a child as I can’t understand ‘adult speak’.

Honestly!!! Come on…

Anyone feel like I do?

This site has been changed into some place for teenagers to play around on.

Anne

4 Likes

Hi Anne, yes I feel exactly the same as you. I don’t want these kind of “rewards” I want to be on the site to support and be supported - through genuine dialogue. Not from some unknown person offering badges like they’d offer stars to children. I find it humiliating and degrading. x M

1 Like

Totally agree. Pointless and patronising. I’m not sure what age group the forum is now directed at. It is too detailed and unnecessarily ‘busy’. I imagine that the drop in participation is speaking volumes.

1 Like

I hope you don’t mind but – unaware of the irony – I clicked on the “heart” symbol!

1 Like

I thought the heart symbol was to say you liked the post, sorry if that’s wrong, no offence intended.

Pam

1 Like

I’m not offended by the badges, but I do think that they’re silly and completely unnecessary. What I see is a functional, helpful website that has been turned into a NEW [bold color] and EXCITING [bouncing font] social-media site aimed at young adults who thrive on sharing “look at what I did today emoji emoji emoji” via their smartphones. No consideration whatsoever was made towards the fact that people with MS have some very specific visual, physical, and cognitive needs. What I do find offensive is that this new site is only suitable for healthy teenagers.

it looks like overdramatic, sorry

1 Like

I agree, the badges are silly. I’ve earned lots of them. For :heart: liking a post, (and a different colour :orange_heart: for people liking mine), :pencil2: editing a post, for :eye: visiting the site frequently, for I don’t know what else. I even have a badge for using emojis! I remember (vaguely) being a child and winning gold stars :star: for various pieces of school work!!

Maybe so many of us have cognitive issues the site admin want us to feel comfortable with our early signs of dementia? A kind of ‘welcome back to childhood’?

Strangely, I’ve felt over the last few years that my writing has improved. Maybe I’ll get a nice big :heavy_check_mark: for that?

Sue :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grimacing: :triumph:

1 Like

I find the badge awards patronising.
It feels a bit like, we are disabled but well done for managing to edit a reply, here you go have a badge !
Now, if you can manage to pee standing up without making a mess we’ll give you big gold star !!!

SHOVE YOUR BLOODY BADGES, AND SORT OUT THE SITES FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM…
IT"S JUST NOT USER FRIENDLY AND HAS PROGRAMMING ISSUES THAT NEED LOOKING AT.

1 Like

I don’t sodding believe it…
They just sent me a badge for being able to add an emoji.

1 Like

Nah i am used to it on facebook you get similar i dont take much notice to be honest. I think its meant well. cant say i shall loose sleep over it lol but hum i am grumbling as i have posted a lot and i dont think I have had a badge yet not fair lol.

SULKS

2 Likes

I agree it is a daft idea, but not unique to this site and best to just ignore them.

2 Likes

Yeah guess it’s best to ignore it, just like we are being ignored !

1 Like

If that is all you have to complain about in today’s world, life would be bliss

2 Likes

Sorry Corrie don’t understand yr reply. Are you saying we are moaning about nothing?
Anne

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

Well Corrie I am very disappointed in your reply.

You obviously have no cognitive problems yourself. So you cannot understand, nor seem to wish to, the problems this new site is giving people who are desperate to stay connected with one another. To add giving us emojis or badges is just unnecessary and downright condescending. I know, and you can read for yourself, many feel this way.

Just to highlight how difficult this site has become…where are regulars like Bouds and others??

I know it is the same on many other sites. I know it is not a big thing and we will have to learn to ignore them. However. This site is for people who have problems. These emojis and badges just confuse and are childish.

I am so very sorry you feel that way. I hope we do not distress you further with our ‘little’ problems.

I do hope yr world stays fine.

Anne

4 Likes

Ditto. I think Corrie’s response was completely unnecessary and a slap in the face to those of us who are having problems with this site.

4 Likes

100% agree with Annes & NorasMom replies, couldn’t of put it better myself.
This forum is place to seek help, advice, share opinions, offer help, and some days just have someone to chat too.
The changes to the site are making those thing difficult for many of us…

Clearly though Corrie has no cares or thoughts about other peoples difficulties apart from her/his own.

1 Like

Got to say, I’m with Corrie on this one. We all have a lot more to worry or stress about than whether we should be offered a badge. Life is too short. Personally I’m more hacked off at having to supply a 12 letter/number/symbol password .n

2 Likes