Forum

Don't know what to do

Not feeling too good at the moment. I feel very alone, even though I have a lovely husband. I have been feeling paranoid about all sorts. It feels like my husband has another life that I am not involved in. It feels like he is hiding things from me. He has facebook on his phone and it feels like when he wants to message some people on there he doesn’t want me to know about it. He makes excuses to go into another room and then if I enter the room he quickly puts his phone in his pocket. This is driving me mad and I feel like I am losing the plot. I have tried to talk to him, but he just seems to turn it around on me and argue about it. I do not want to leave my husband and I do not want him to leave me, but I don’t know what to do! If any one has felt like this before or can help in any way I would be very grateful.

hi piglet

you said yourself that you’ve been feeling paranoid.

if you have always been able to trust him, then its more likely to be a dirty trick of your ms.

speak to your gp. he/she will understand and maybe prescribe you something to calm your negative thought.

i had a horrible psychosis after iv steroids and accused my husband of all sorts.

while he’s no angel, he wasnt the monster i was accusing him of.

take care

carole x

It sounds as though you are having a very tough time, and that there is a real internal struggle going on between the part of you that thinks you have a lovely husband and the part of you that is plagued by doubt/fear/jealousy.

Your post suggests that you feel in your heart that you are not responding to things in your usual way at the moment, and that maybe you are letting your fear get the better of you a bit. I completely agree with carole that a talk with the GP would be a very good idea. Some deep breaths, maybe some talking therapy, maybe some medication to help you regain your balance, all these things can help to get you back on an even keel. I think that would then give you the thinking space to take a step back and examine your worries about your husband calmly and not in panic mode. If you find your worries melt away (and I hope they do), that is great. If you feel that actually there is something you need to get to the bottom of here, well at least you will be able to address this with a cool head.

In the meantime, please do try not to throw the baby out with the bath water. One thing is for sure - unless your husband is some sort of saint, he will just get more and more irritated and resentful if he feels a beady eye of suspicion on him - that is just human nature and not necessarily a sign of a bad conscience!

Good luck with it all.

Alison