Forum

Dodgy Christmas presents

I don’t think there is one…

Back when I was about 18, I forgot to buy my Auntie a Christmas present as I didn’t know she was visiting (lived abroad). “No problem” mum said, “I have something you can give her, its already wrapped and we have similar taste so I know she will like it”.

Great I thought, until the box was unwrapped just before lunch. Apparently, mum thought it would be appropriate for me to gift my Aunt the lacy lingerie she had purchased from herself. I was so embarrassed, mum and auntie thought it was hilarious though.

1 Like

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa…

nasal hair remover anyone??

1 Like

i bought my husband a nasal hair remover for christmas on year. they just happened to have some in boots reduced to 2.99 so it would be rude not to buy. he’d never heard of a device for removing it but he loved it. it was very old and met its end last year. however a turkish barbers shop has opened in our town and he goes there for luxury shave (hot towels, cut-throat razors). they trim his nasal hair (or nose minge as we call it) and his ear minge as well. glad i’m not in the position to need one!

It’s one of the cruel ironies of life that as men start losing our hair on top, we begin sprouting tangly forests of it in our ears, eyebrows and noses.

In the last few years my barber has spent more time trimming my face than cutting back the top growth.

[quote=“albrecht durer”]

It’s one of the cruel ironies of life that as men start losing our hair on top, we begin sprouting tangly forests of it in our ears, eyebrows and noses.

In the last few years my barber has spent more time trimming my face than cutting back the top growth.

[/quote] tops of ears, lobes of ears, in ears, in nose, ON nose end, the space between eyebrows that isn’t there any more, back of neck etc. This is serious secondary progressive growth with no sign of remission!

[quote=“catwomanCarole58”] i bought my husband a nasal hair remover for christmas on year. they just happened to have some in boots reduced to 2.99 so it would be rude not to buy. he’d never heard of a device for removing it but he loved it. it was very old and met its end last year. however a turkish barbers shop has opened in our town and he goes there for luxury shave (hot towels, cut-throat razors). they trim his nasal hair (or nose minge as we call it) and his ear minge as well. glad i’m not in the position to need one! [/quote] yet?