Forum

Distressed

Hi, I’ve gone for ‘distressed’ it could have been ‘distraught’, ‘worried’ why?
I am one of the top users here! This cannot be right.
I felt lonely yesterday, I looked in and left the forum. Today I felt much the same looked in and thought damn it I am going to have to post. So how are you?

I have felt better but there are so many people worse off, the damned news is depressing. Paralympics are amazing. It will be September tomorrow, how did that happen?
Take care, be safe :heart: M x

2 Likes

Hi hellms I’m doing well but absolutely shattered! It was my 70th birthday on Saturday and we had 8 of the family staying with us - children 13, 11, 6, 4 1/2. Luckily all 4 adults are brilliant at helping and I had a marvellous party for 23 with easy listening jazz, a buffet and music by the older grandchildren and my elder son. It was all just wonderful so my spirits are lifted.

2 Likes

Aw, don’t be distressed, distraught, discombobulated, discomforted, dispossessed, dis-anything…

Feeling lonely is exactly the time / mindset to post and have answers from your peers, virtual friends, colleagues, fellow MSers to cheer you up.

I’m not lonely, I’ve had a visit from a district nurse this morning to give me an enema. Lucky me! (It happens every 2 weeks - u sed to be weekly but I think I’m less lonely than I was so we’ve reduced it to fortnightly!) The nurses do tend to be lovely people. They even do a pressure sore check while they’re here (ie making sure I don’t have any - I don’t, thankfully!)

I am feeling a little tired though. It’s due to being awake for a couple of hours midway through the night.

You are right when you say lots of people are worse off. Just thinking about the poor Afghans who are trying to get as far away from the Taliban as possible :roll_eyes: !!

Congratulations to Moirah, it’s no wonder you’re a tad tired after your party :tada: :balloon:!

Sue

1 Like

Thank you both for making me smile and reminding me to eat more fibre! :blush: Tapped the ‘I like’ fellow PPMSers are brilliant :heartbeat:
Love, M x

1 Like

Hiya @hellMS :slightly_smiling_face: Hope you’re feeling slightly better today! I can tell you that you cheered my day up by seeing someone had even posted in the ppms bit - I know I should try harder to post but I do live quite a boring life really. Mornings are my absolute worst for feeling depressed, my mood starts to lift throughout the day and by about midnight, I’m ready to party! (almost :sweat_smile:) My coping strategies are to turn the music up - at least it gets me moving! I had relatives that I’d never met before visit last week, it should have been lovely, and they were more than lovely, but it still wiped me out, which leaves me feeling guilty about that. :roll_eyes:
Current mood enhancer of choice is: (Don’t know if this’ll work)

Elaine :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thank you Elaine
Good rhythm/beat! Diana Ross/Tina Turner does it for me, volume depending on mood.
I could barely get out the loo today, unusual for me but I was ‘wiped out’ I had to have a quick hit, coffee with cake!! Your post could not have come at a better time:)
I’d like to try and keep PPMS going. Maybe controversial we are cool. M x

1 Like

I like it very much. Definite mood enhancer.

Sue

1 Like