discovery

interesting

interesting indeed.

my last two relapses coincided with spring time farming activities, such as the ploughing of fields etc and thus perhaps a significant increase in airborne soil molecules?

although i am also curious as to the effects of the industrial application of chemicals; pesticides and fungicides etc. as other potential triggers.

i wonder if the abundance of the soil based bacteria correlates with the geographical distribution of MS sufferers.

since forever, with most MS’ers being found in nothern countries, it was thought exposure to sun light was a factor. might it be that the warmer / moister environments near the equator simply suppress bacteria populations?

Thanks for the link.For what it’s worth I spent much of my childhood playing in and with soil,.Sandhurst involved plenty of time digging in soil and my extra curricular activities to the Fire Brigade involved digging hedges and tree stumps out.I don’t play in soil anymore…I do miss it though

Who knows,but I’ll try any solution.

Wb

Good article,there has to be more research in it.Does ms affect people more living in the countryside or the city.I get my relapses in summer/autumn.I got my last 2 relapses as i was working outdoors in the countryside cutting timber for myself.Other guys i know live near mountains and told me that a lot of people in their area have ms.Farming communities.Interesting article

Take a look at this one as well - published about 4 months later:

Geoff

Even more interesting article doctor geoff.Type a of the toxin neutralises type b or d which is the toxin that people with ms are lacking.Just a mystery this ms thing is.The question is why do more women get ms than men do.Im sure someone is studying these soil based toxins,i hope so.

Interesting, but not new, as you’ll see from the date.

The frustrating thing with all of these theories is they never fit everyone with MS. I was a bookish child, didn’t play out much, and disliked getting dirty. I didn’t come from an agricultural community, and have had little or no contact with soil. So it would be difficult to explain how I came to acquire a rare soil-borne bacterium - unless it was through contaminated meat. But I would think normal cooking would destroy most bacteria. I’ve never been someone who likes my meat rare, either.

Tina

Anitra,its true that everyone with ms is different,every country is so different.There is an increase in MS in the middle east,india and they have different farming techniques and different climates.An environmental factor is always said to be 1 trigger for ms,thats a broad factor.I,believe that gut bacteria is a cause,for many illnesses but what triggers that bacteria to permetrate the BBB is the question