Disappearing and reappearing symptoms?!

Hi All, I wondered if anyone had had a similar experience and could offer some answers or support?

At the end of Jan I started with pins and needles from my toes to my knees and from fingers to my elbows this subsided but by 5th Feb I was also suffering from extreme fatigue, intermittent hand cramps, intermittent numbness in my feet and toes, emotional and anxious, headaches and chest pains along with some intermittent tingling in feet and hands. This lasted until Feb 13th when it subsided.

The doctor prescribed my first b12 injection after finding I was low and the symptoms returned, some days worse than others until the 26th Feb when the symptoms disappeared for 3 days completely only to return at the beginning of March.

My symptoms then eventually disappeared again at injection 6 7th March for 5 days only to return last Sunday as dizziness, vision blurring, frequent need to urinate, tingling and weak legs, hand cramps, heightened emotions (lots of crying) nausea and clumsiness and balance problems. This has stabilised slightly but the dizziness, fatigue and balance issues remains constantly now with some tingling and nausea.

I saw the neuro on Friday who said my examination was normal and she suspects b12 and anxiety (?!) though it is possible it could be MS (“Unlikely but possible”)

My MRI is only in 4 weeks and I’m driving myself crazy.

Has anyone experienced MS symptoms that disappear for a number of days and then reappear?

Apologies for the long post,

A very worried Leanne x

Hello Leanne

I think that your Neurology appointment seems to have left you with as many questions as it’s answered.

When the neurologist said she suspected that B12 was low and anxiety isn’t helping (that’s what I’m reading into what you’ve said), I think you need to accept that as being most likely. Also, although she considered MS, she thought it was ‘unlikely’.

At least you only have a few weeks to wait until you have an MRI. At that point (or when you get the results) you may be able to put MS right out of your head.

Until then, there is little point in worrying about ‘what ifs’. Supposing it is MS, there’s nothing you can do to affect the result. B12 deficiency can mimic MS, so it’s more likely that is the cause of your symptoms, as you already know you are deficient. Plus, the neurologist didn’t think your neurological exam was typical of MS.

You can carry on talking to us here, we don’t expect that just saying ‘stop worrying’ means you will. It’s completely understandable.

Sue