Disabled Facilities Grant


My husband has PPMS and we are now having to consider having home adaptations done ie widening doorways, level threshold and creating a downstairs wet room and bedroom.

I have started the process of applying for a disabled facilities grant and waiting for an OT Home visit. I’m wondering if there is anyone living in the Bristol/Gloucestershire area who has used a local architect to draw up plans so I can at least get as much preparation done whilst we’re waiting.

many thanks Carolyne

Hi Carolyne,

It’s possible that that different Authorities have different ways of getting things done but Surrey County Council arranged the survey, specification of work and fitters themselves.

Better check with your area before you start spending any money.