Forum

Daily injections VS The Shakes.

Could really do with some advice as both the Copaxone nurse and my MS nurse have been pretty poor with helping with this problem. Probably due to the fact that there is nothing to be done about it, but i thought i'd ask anyways...

Exactly how are people (me being one of them) who have shakey jerky hands/arms meant to inject themselves daily without ragging the cr*p out of themselves?....These may not be the correct technical terms but you get my meaning...

Their advice is to get someone else to do it, but i'm afraid i don't feel that comfortable laying that kind of pressure on anyone i know. "Hey, wanna travel to my house and inject me on a daily basis?! I know you have a job and kids and other commitments but go on eh?! "

Not gonna happen.

Anyone else having trouble with this? The auto-injetor i had with Betaferon made it a little easier but the Copaxone one is a nightmare for me.

Rant over. For today at least...

I think you're right - the obvoius answer is for someone else to do it.  If there isn't anyone nearby or living with you could do it, what about talking with your GP about the potential for a practice nurse or district nurse to do it.  Seems that with shaking hands you have a legitimate clinical reason for a health professional to do it for you.  I used the COpaxone autoject when I was on this drug and I gave up on it as it was so clunky and awkward to use - and that was with steady hands.   I moved onto manual injections but that is clearly not an option for you.

Thanks for your reply. The jerky hands are on and off so some days I am okay but would be nice to not have to wake up and freak out when they are not working. I live 2 mins away from my GP's surgery so I may go down today and see if they can sort something out for me. Now i just have to find someone to carry my cups of coffee and pints of beer and i'll be sorted!

Kate

Thanks for your reply. The jerky hands are on and off so some days I am okay but would be nice to not have to wake up and freak out when they are not working. I live 2 mins away from my GP's surgery so I may go down today and see if they can sort something out for me. Now i just have to find someone to carry my cups of coffee and pints of beer and i'll be sorted!

Kate