Cycling from John O'Groats to Land's End for the Chilterns MS Centre

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know about a sporting charity challenge that my husband and I are doing in a few weeks time.

We’re cycling from John O’Groats to Land’s End (approx 1000 miles) on 30th July 2014 to raise money for the Chilterns MS Centre.

This charity is close to our hearts as my father has had Multiple Sclerosis for many years. The Chilterns MS Centre is a true Godsend to so many people and I have experienced this first-hand as both a physiotherapist and relative. The boundless energy and positivity from the staff makes the MS Centre a fun place to be and is a true lifeline to so many people.

We both live in St Albans - I’m a physiotherapist (director of Physio St Albans) and my husband, Colin, is a Design and Technology teacher at St Albans School. As Colin and I only got married last year, we thought this would be a challenge on many levels!!

We have a JustGiving page:

http://www.justgiving.com/owner-email/pleasesponsor/ColinFifiJOGLE2014

If anyone would like to sponsor us (or forward to others who may wish to), we’d be ever so grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Fiona

All the best with the challenge. Neil

Hi Fiona,

Brilliant what you’re doing I will obviously sponsor you.

Just some advice as I have done it; the one part (going JOG to LE) that can be a bit dangerous is Shap Fell in Cumbria that is a large hill; to my mind a mountain that the main road goes up.

It’s a very slow assent about two miles but the other side descends in about 800 feet. I’m going back some 25 years ago so it might have changed but then there were no signs to warn you.

Apart from that it is an unbelievable experience; you will get far more out of it than the sponsor money.

As I always say never worry about doing something; only worry about not doing it; you may only get that one chance!

Well done you.

G

Thanks Neil!

G - thanks for the heads-up. I’ve actually done LEJOG before (I did it to raise money for breast cancere in 2006), but decided I wanted to take on the challenge again with my new husband! We’re doing it the other way round and, of course, raising as much as we can for my dad’s MS Centre. I do remember Shap Fell as being incredibly steep - thanks for reminding me! (ha ha)

You’re absolutely right in that it will be an incredible experience, both from a “feel like I’ve donoe something to help an incredible charity” to the experience/achievement itself. Much better to spend our money on doing something like this than sitting on the beack in the sunshine for a couple of weeks!!

Thanks again - really appreciate your message and thoughts.

Best wishes,

Fiona :slight_smile:

Done :slight_smile: Lots of luck

All the best to you and your husband Fiona

Noreen x

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and for the sponsorship, it’s hugely appreciated! xx