Forum

Could it be ms?

Hi all!

So I’m female and I’m 29. I was referred to the neurologist by my GP for something completely different. My GP wanted to have the Mirena but because I have really bad migraines she wanted advice. The neurologist decided that it was safe for me to have it but she booked me for an mri to be safe and a blood test. I was called back to her office to discuss my results, I was sure it was because of the blood test. I was really surprised when she told me that my mri is abnormal. I had a blood test done for lupus and all. She asked me to write down symptoms and family history for when I come back.

I sometimes have achy legs and arms, weak grip, like I can’t hold anything. Feeling that I have hair or web on my face. I talked to my mum about it and she said that since little I’ve been saying this. I was wondering if this could be ms or not. I know I should wait for blood test but I can’t stop thinking about it.

Thanks for reading and replying!

Try not to worry, easier said than done, it’s hard waiting because you want to know what you’ve got. If it is anything, it’s hard to not go on the websites and read up lots of things, the problem is that you think to yourself I have that and it scares you silly. It can take a little while for the tests to be done and then you may have a long wait seeing your neurologist. If you have migraines it can be just your migraines that is the problem, I have them too, none for the last few years but it still counts. If you can speak to to your neurologist secretary to ask when you may get the results or if you can get a cancellation to make it sooner, when I went to see my neurologist he took all of my health history right back until I was litte, he told me that I might have the white matter changes from my migraines and that other thing could be from my thyroid or medication, he still wants to see me next year, so here I am, he says that I don’t have positive blood or lumber puncture results, which is good. I hope you get your appointment with the neurologist soon and the get it sorted. Kay