Forum

Could be helpful for fatigue sufferers?

I suffer from RR MS and it’s still fairly new to me (1 year since diagnosis, 2 years since symptoms presented themselves) and I am lucky enough to still be able to work full time. When I get home I cook dinner and that can finish me off fatigue-wise.

I saw this today and thought this might help for such situations - what do you all think?

Can’t see it taking off in a big way.

I know everyone is different, but my fatigue is not just a “wanting to sit down” kind of fatigue, anyway. It’s mental as well as physical - I don’t see it being fixed just by having some sort of mechanical bum support.

If all I needed was the latter, I could use - dare I say it - a chair or perching stool.

I note the concept says it would be aimed at people who have to stand in one place for a long time. So how easy would it be to move about? Anything that makes the lower body heavier would be a hindrance, not a help.

Finally, it doesn’t look a world away from old-fashioned leg callipers. I think they are still in use today, for some of us who have trouble walking. But would anybody who doesn’t absolutely have to be eager to sign up for callipers? I wouldn’t. Desperate last resort only - otherwise, sit on a stool.

For those reasons, I’m out!

1 Like

It doesn’t look very secure to me. I might topple over, and it’s a long way back up from the floor, so interesting as it is, I’m sticking with my trusty perching stool.

Ben

Omantench,

Whilst this looks like interesting technology, I think that it might reduce tired limbs, but for me when “fatigue” strikes I can barely sit down!

I do however use a perching stool in the kitchen to reduce effort and therefore increase the time before “fatigue” sets in.

Keep up looking for technical solutions or assistance in coping with our condition and remember that what works for one person may be unsuitable for others. Cheers Mick