Christians wanted

I have asked this before but have forgotten the responses’ so please if any Christians could give their interpretation of the meaning of the passage in the Bible as I am getting some grief from somewhere else.

To explain I am firmly a Darwin Evolutionist; in no way do I decry others belief; that is up to them.

I would like their interpretation of a question for Christians, could someone explain the writings in the Bible, Mark, Chapter16, Verse 18. I know the Bible is very ambiguous, means different thing to different people, but it does seem a strange thing for Jesus to say after rising from the grave, ‘They shall take up serpents, and any deadly thing will not harm them’?

As you probably are aware I have been taking diluted Snake Venom since 1982. I do not believe but someone who does could they please give their interpretation; thank you.

George

1 Like

Mmm,I`ll be interested to read any replies you get.

Just taking the phrase as read, to me could mean nothing can harm you or your`s after death. The snake? not sure.

pollx

1 Like

EH…WTF…this is a MS forum right? The psyche ward is 2 doors further doon buddy…Terry

4 Likes

ggood is a regular helpful poster on here…unless he`s been cloned?

pollx

1 Like

This is the problem with taking bible verses out of context. The passages just before were describing how Jesus was telling his discipline not to be scared to go out and preach in his name and rebuking them for their late of faith. Think of it as a pep talk.

Thats all folks.

JBK

4 Likes

Sorry - disciples - not discipline. That’s what happens when your fingers move faster than your brain

Christians are so passe… Islam is where it’s at these days!

Ask a muslim for their interpretation!

1 Like

it means to have faith and ask for protection, then you’ll be safe (eventually - but so is everyone eventually).

1 Like

Once you are dead nothing will harm you? Profound insight…

1 Like