CFS and Cervical spondylosis

Hi all

I haven’t been on the site for about 6 months. I was made redundant from the job I loved following 5 months off work after the last mega collapse early in the year. I guess work thought that I was going to be a problem so found a devious way to get rid of me even though I had an exemplary record (until that last collapse).

Anyway, I am still undiagnosed but have continued to press my neuro for answers. Although very dificult to get access to him I have seen him today and been told that I have chronic fatigue syndrome, although he stresses that this is not a diagnosis as it is only part of something else going on, but he can’t be sure what. I was also told that I have cervical spondylosis, which has shown up on the mri. As a separate issue I have also been told that I have severe dry eyes.

Does anyone know if there is a link with MS and CFS and cervical spondylosis? I’m sure this question has been asked before but as I haven’t been on for a long time my knowledge has lapsed.

Thanks for reading

Dianne x

Really sorry to hear that your work treated you so badly Dianne

Chronic fatigue is definitely a problem in MS, but the diagnosis of CFS isn’t usually applied to it and I don’t think there is any known relationship between CFS and MS (although, anecdotally, some people seem to start with a diagnosis of CFS when nothing shows up on MRI, but are later told MS when things change).

Cervical spondylosis isn’t related to MS as far as I know.

Severe dry eyes can be caused by various things, some of which can mimic MS (e.g. Sjogren’s Syndrome).

It sounds like your neuro is still interested at least. I really hope you get some proper answers soon.

Karen x

I’ve been reading about neurological lupus recently and in there it talks about dry eyes (and sjogren’s as Karen says). Have you had your blood tested for ANA antibodies (or something like that). I don’t know much about it but I’m certainly going to ask if mine’s been tested.

Good luck!

Debx