Boxes on forum have disappeared

Hi, I noticed this too, but found out you have to be logged in to get them. Easy when you know. Jen x

Quote:

Could we please have the system clock reset? I believe that we will be on BST for a few weeks yet.

If your clocks wrong, have you got the settings right in your User Control Panel / Board Preferences?

durhamviper wrote:

Quote:

Could we please have the system clock reset? I believe that we will be on BST for a few weeks yet.

If your clocks wrong, have you got the settings right in your User Control Panel / Board Preferences?

Which bit of my original post did you have trouble with? The clock on my PC is set to GMT with BST in effect. Ditto, the clock on my Apple Mac. My request for the Society to get the system clock set on its mini or mainframe was due to the simple fact that messages show with a time of posting that is one hour later than realtime in my timezone. Not just my postings - you can see several that are apparently posted one hour ahead. Using the User Control Panel>Board Preferences shows that I am set to: UTC+1, Summertime in effect,. I can change this back to GMT, only if I opt not to have Summertime set. This is posted at 14.59 - see what time it is shown as being posted at. Geoff

DoctorGeoff wrote:

durhamviper wrote:

Quote:

Which bit of my original post did you have trouble with? The clock on my PC is set to GMT with BST in effect. Ditto, the clock on my Apple Mac. My request for the Society to get the system clock set on its mini or mainframe was due to the simple fact that messages show with a time of posting that is one hour later than realtime in my timezone. Not just my postings - you can see several that are apparently posted one hour ahead. Using the User Control Panel>Board Preferences shows that I am set to: UTC+1, Summertime in effect,. I can change this back to GMT, only if I opt not to have Summertime set. This is posted at 14.59 - see what time it is shown as being posted at. Geoff

I have mine set to UTC and ‘yes’ to summertime and it shows the correct time as confirmed by the box directly beneath My date format: date and correct time V

I have just tried this three times in quick succession - and at the third attempt it finally worked - showing my correct time. This brings up another issue: With most systems, one makes a change and then clicks on either [Reset] or [Apply] to make the changes. We have to use the [Submit] button. After you have used it and it works, you can see some sort of logic there - sort of like going to [Start] to stop a Windows machine. It would have been better to have had [Submit Changes], and have the logic out in the open in the first instance. This is a bit like the weekend when the forum was taken down. In my case, all I saw was the notice that it was down, and then a 404 error, and after a week I mailed the web-team and had a rant. The fault lay with something on my PC, which prevented my browser from connecting to the forum pages. Logically, this probably came from the Society’s website, but a total cleanout of cookies and cache sorted it. If a notice saying that the forum was back up and running again had been put on the Home Page, I would have gone looking for the problem sooner. This could turn into another rant quite easily and the change to a new forum could have been much better handled. Trouble is that very few programmers ever consider the users. Geoff