Blogs about climate and MS?

Me? I’ve had it 26y rrms and am on Ocrelizumab now. The last two years have seen me become very heat sensitive. I wanted to read of others experiences, adaptations.

I enjoy reading blogs by real people so thought I’d ask here. Thank you.

Dom

Ho Dom Can’t say I’ve ever searched for any blogs. But it’s well known heat can have a big effect on us. Apparently back in the olden days before there were things like MRI scanners, one way they’d diagnose ms was to get you to have a hot bath, then see how rubbish you felt after. During the heatwave last year I was having at least two cold showers a day to stay functional. If it’s humid too then that makes it lots worse for me. I tend to find low pressure makes a difference as well, when the weather feels heavy. Dan

Hi folks

Yes my SPMS is definitely dictated by the weather.

dizzy

Thanks, folks. I just missed the ‘hot bath’ diagnosis era. Still, I hate baths as I feel shocking when I stand up.

Back around 2002 Mrs hillybilly and I went over to Canada to see our daughter when we arrived a heat wave had begun it was 97 degree f we had a 4 hour drive to daughters house witch didn’t have air con .

I had been diagnosed with sle a few month previously that first night I suffer badly with the heebie jeebies couldn’t sit still or ly still I was a shaking wreck with sweat running of me and that was the next 14 days we managed to buy a aircon unit for the daughter before we came home so at least I got a few days decent sleep and felt a lot better .

We had a few hot summers since I worked in agriculture all my life and suffered often with both heat and cold retired now so can stay in the cool when it’s hot we have a aircon unit .

Take it easy hilly