Biotin & hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)

Why go anon???

2 Likes

Great to see you back Pat.

J x

3 Likes

Love having you back Pat:) M xx

2 Likes

So sorry, I wasn’t criticizing Pat but the person who told Pat her nurse was wrong!

Hey Pat, it’s good to read your posts again. I loved your progress with Biotin and it’s a darned shame it’s affected your blood sugar levels.

Have to admit I too began Biotin, especially on reading your own results. I also took Magnesium and other natural vits. No I didn’t speak to My GP or nurse but I felt fantastic…for 3 months. With my much improved mobility, I was very happy. My sister was moved to tears at the miracle.

Then I started to go down, UTI 's aplenty despite my regular low dose anti biotic every day. In agony with severe uti’s, lots of blood & pain. GPS concerned as couldn’t cure them even with very strong Anti.Bs. THEN, the surgeries Health Care Nurse checked a book and noted Magnesium made the anti b’s ineffective. The Magnesium wasn’t in my medical records so only a fluke I mentioned it, problem solved.

Since then I’ve had SPC fitted, still lots of bladder problems but will get sorted soon. This week, I’ve chosen to stop all my own self medicating with Vits & Biotin for a while & see if there’s any difference.

I suppose it’s taught me not to faff around without my GP knowing & recording what I take!

Wishing you well Pat, good to have you back, just a real pity your much improved mobility energy etc have had to end. Last I read, You were helping at a charity shop & helping a neighbour/friend with health problems.

Take care of you,

Chrissie xx