Big Pharma cannabis contract

My son forwarded me this from facebook this:

GW Pharmaceuticals has a government granted monopoly contract to grow and produce medical cannabis at secret locations in the UK - several hundred tons since 2012.

Despite it being cheap and easy to grow, GW Pharmaceuticals sells cannabis to the NHS for £125 a gram.

Bayer is in partnership with Bayer for distributing it for GW Pharma.

They’re selling cannabis for five times the price of gold.

yet Sativex can be bought for a slittle as 21 dollars a gram in the USA.

The question is who negotiated this price on behalf of the NHS?

Who is making £100 on each gram sold?

Sativex is expensive to buy and is available on the NHS in a postcode basis.

Yet Theresa May as Home Secretary maintaned that 'cannabis has no medical basis"

growing your own for medical use should be de-criminalised!

big pharma won’t like that though.

2 Likes

Get on 38Degrees and start a petition to end the monopoly.

BUT

Please do make sure that the story is accurate.
The bulk of cannabis production in this country is by British Sugar who supply GWPharmaceuticals on a long term contract.
And do remember that GW are expecting a bigger return from their new anti-epileptic drug than they get from Sativex.

Geoff

Theresa May was/is against the reclassification of cannabis, to a Schedule 2, which would make medical research a lot lot easier. Sajid David has promised to re-schedule it and make it medically available, in the autumn, ending this government’s hypocrisy of giving licenses for it to be grown and exported - making us the world’s largest provider of legal cannabis - but not for its citizens. Rant over, one love :slight_smile: UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis | UK News | Sky News

1 Like

what’s it all about

i love your sign off “one love”.

Thank you, catwomanCarole58, There’s enough hate in the world already, without me adding to it.