Forum

Being good to myself

Hi all, Well I took your advice and decided instead of going to see my in laws today, i would have a “be good to myself afternoon”. So why is it I am sitting here feeling really bad about not going to see them. You just can’t win. Also I am thinking of all the jobs that need doing and I just can’t be bothered. Ah! Well back to “candy crush” my guilty pleasure. Hope you are all well Take care Mags x

Hi Mags

Don’t feel guilty, enjoy your candy crush.

Pam x

Hooray…myy posts are working again!

Pam x

Don’t feel guilty Mags. You’re doing nothing wrong… just enjoy a bit of time and space to yourself. I had to delete Candy Crush Saga… I was so obsessed with it that I could even see those rows of candy when I closed my eyes… and they came into my dreams. I actually felt a withdrawal effect… for about a week I had this nervous feeling that something was missing then I would realise it was that damn game! I play a lot of solitaire and free cell and spider solitaire… less addictive and not as crazy as candy crush… I found the excitement of it wore me out!!! (I know… I am a bit nuts). Pat xx

Hi Pat, I know what you mean it can be soooo…! Frustrating. I have been at the same level for at least three weeks. I keep saying to myself “NO MORE”!!! But I keep coming back to it. I remember one time getting past a level, started singing Pharell Williams song " Happy". My husband looked at me like I was a nutter. Happy days! Mags x

Hi Mags. And Pat

I feel like I have missed out on something that you both will laugh at…I have never played any of these games!

How sad am I?

Pam x

Pam, neither have I …so we 're sad together! Mags, don’t feel guilty…you need to rest and have time to yourself, you’ll hopefully feel the benefit. I wonder if we all have this guilt thing or is it just a woman thing…I still feel guilty after years and years of telling myself I really don’t need too …I have MS! Nina x

Mags I agree with the others, don’t feel guilty. Your body is obviously telling you you need to rest, so listen to it. And there’s nothing wrong with pc games, they keep your mind active and let your body rest. That’s what I tell myself anyway. I love the card games you play Pat, but I love Jewel Quest on my DS too. I love the hidden object games on the pc as well.

Cath xx

I agree with you all as well. I enjoy games and sat for hours on solitaire. I found it would make me sit down and absorb my mind so that I did not see all the other things I could have done. I tire very easily and had to make myself rest a bit for more important things. Like making dinner and eating it. I was given an iPad for Christmas and now play words with friends. I play about 6 games at once with my daughter who lives in Canada and it is Loveley to keep in touch that way, sending messages as wellas Skype, and phone calls. The time difference sometimes makes that difficult. I also play the game with other friends, and it does not make game playing quite so isolated. (Anyway it must be educational as well mustn’t it !!!) I can recommend it anyway. Jackie x

[quote=“Ninagrace”] … I wonder if we all have this guilt thing or is it just a woman thing…I still feel guilty after years and years of telling myself I really don’t need too …I have MS! Nina x [/quote] No, Nina, it’s not a woman thing! I feel continually guilty too, about not working, and especially about not being able to help my wife around the house. Kev x

[quote=“Frothy”] I was given an iPad for Christmas and now play words with friends. I play about 6 games at once with my daughter who lives in Canada and it is Loveley to keep in touch that way, sending messages as wellas Skype, and phone calls. The time difference sometimes makes that difficult. I also play the game with other friends, and it does not make game playing quite so isolated. (Anyway it must be educational as well mustn’t it !!!) I can recommend it anyway. Jackie x [/quote] I definitely second that, Jackie! Mine goes up stairs with me at bedtime, comes back down with me in the morning, and travels with me. I’ve only had it a month or so, but wondered how I managed with a bulky laptop before! I have had a Kindle for some years, but now I find I’m reading all my books on the ipad. Plus, of course, dipping into this forum and a couple of others as well.

Morning Kev, Thanks for that…at least I know now it a bloomin MS thing and not a gender thing.! As for my ipad…it’s my world…my husband reckons its surgically attatched to me. The longer you have it Kev the more you will begin to wonder however you existed in pre iPad days! Nina

I don’t have the budget for an iPad but my Kindle is surgically attached. I can browse this site and e bay, play games and read books on it, what more can a girl ask for? Enjoy your day, miserable and wet in Cumbria.

Cath xx

Mags never feel guilty about anything you are beeting yourself up and nothing comes out of that. I have never been on Candy Crush but spend far to much time on twitter https://twitter.com/Promote_Thanet is my pleasure and my blogs

http://promotethanet.blogspot.co.uk/

http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/

And a couple of others. We all need a bit of space and if that means upseting some people so be it I have such a thick skin nowadays, I told the guy who called today my sense of modesty has long since disappeared with nurses and doctors pulling and poking stuff. BUT there is always a bright side sometimes it may be hard to find but its there. HAVE A GOOD RELAX

xxx Don the flower is for you, xxx

Hi Cath, I think I’m right in saying that the type of kindle you’re talking about is pretty much the same as an iPad but if you want an iPad they are much more reasonably priced on eBay. Wet and miserable in Herefordshire too, hope you are as ok as possible. Nina x

Nina you’re right, the Kindle Fire is very similar in function, it can’t do all the iPad can but is enough to keep my little brain happy. I’m a bit wary of buying electrical items on eBay. I bought my daughter a Nintendo ds, it needed repairs after a short time and turned out to be fake, I’ve also had a laptop and portable DVD player and neither lasted much longer than the warranty. I love eBay for all other bits and pieces, they’ve had a small fortune off me over many years but twice bitten, thrice shy (some of us take longer to learn than others). Sorry, not trying to cause upset or insult, maybe I’m unlucky, just my opinion before another argument occurs!!

Cath xx

We’ve had the odd hiccough too, Cath, my husband has been well and truly conned, twice! Police were involved on both occasions but we didn’t get our money back. The moral of the story, always pay through paypal. Nina xx

Nina I always pay through PayPal. I’ve bought something fake that had one of the major computer firms unhappy with and the seller wasn’t keen on admitting was fake. Luckily eBay intervened but my problem with him was awful to the point of me not touching my account for about 6 months. There are some rogues and vagabonds out there keen to pinch our hard earned pennies. I now stick to things I know. It’s awful when it happens isn’t it? Makes you feel like you were responsible for breaking the law intentionally.

Cath xx

Cath, the two things my husband was conned with were not fakes, they simply didn’t exist ! The police said on both occasions the sellers had been particularly clever. One guy was prosecuted the other was never even traced. I really don’t understand how these people sleep at night. Nina xx

Nina your husband must look for some pretty obscure items if they’re non existent. No, I couldn’t imagine trying to swindle someone. I can’t sleep if I think I may have upset someone without intending to. If I’ve definitely upset them it takes me ages to get over it. It’s almost as bad as physically hurting them I think, some have no morals or consideration for others.

Cath xx