Being admitted

Sorry that you find yourself in this position. Hope you get some answers very soon. Family can sometimes be anything but supportive in these circumstances unfortunately. My Mum hasn’t helped much since I was dx’d in Dec 2011. I think she would rather be the focus of all the attention with her ailments, I’m afraid! The catheterisation may seem like a pain atm but I started to self-cath last September and it has changed my life (for the good). Not being able to pee properly is horrible and you also end up with numerous UTIs which are horrendous - so, it’s a real joy to be able to pee without problems, honestly! I am also very claustrophobic, so I feel for you. They can give you a sedative to help if it really upsets you - ask them. They ought to be there to help. Hope you’re soon home! Keep us posted! Teresa xx

Yeah it’s not terribly comfortable and I’m out to the loo every 45 mins or so atm. I’ve already had 5 kidney infections prior to this so don’t want to risk another! X

Sounds as though your mum is really talking to herself, not you. You are just a stage prop in this one-way conversation as she tries to convince herself that nothing is wrong and it is all nonsense really.

It sounds ridiculous when it’s you mum…but try not to take it personally! As others have said, family can be so spectacularly unhelpful that it would be funny in another context. This tends to happen when they are struggling to deal with difficult things and do not know how. She is trying to deal with her worries in her own way. Try to take a water-off-a-duck’s-back approach and do not pay too much attention when she says stupid things to you. You need to put yourself first here, particularly if your mum, for whatever reason, is unable to do that.

Alison

Hope it all went ok and you’re back on the ward relaxing xx

I’m trying to just laugh it off. Being kept in again tonight. No results as yet x

I’m trying to just laugh it off. Being kept in again tonight. No results as yet x

Hi lovely. So sorry you’ve been through all this :frowning: Really hope they come up with some answers for you! Hugs, sweetie xxxx

Feeling a bit more positive. Had a visit from my partner and my brother who had me in fits! Now have cakes, chocolate, juice and a little beanie zebra :slight_smile: xx

Having a little giggle to myself…slight slip up by the nurse handing over…this is Gemma she’s 28, diagnosed with MS… Oops lol! Quickly backtracked and said oh sorry query ms waiting on MRI results x

Lol, if only it was true that you actually had a diagnosis. Sounds good. Laughs,chocolate, cake and free tv. I should stay where you are!! Glad you are feeling a bit happier xx

Yeah that would be great. Be rather funny if he comes tomorrow and says its MS. Poor nurse looked mortified! I’m choosing to go on the assumption it was a slip of the tongue x

Good to see you still have your sense of humour :wink: Let us know how it all goes, lovely xxx

Will do :slight_smile: all the nurses love my zebra lol. He’s blending in quite well tucked under my chin cos I’m wearing a black and white stripy top lol! X

Aww that’s cute :slight_smile: xxx

I seriously love the night nursing assistant. I couldn’t get comfortable cos my feet were all prickly and shocky and being 5ft 11 my feet touch the end of the bed. She noticed and when I told her she extended the foot of the bed so my feet don’t touch it. Oh my days the relief! X

Aww that’s nice :slight_smile: I hope you get some sleep hon. xxx

Morning girlies. Slept pretty well cos Des brought in my eye mask :slight_smile: it’s a gorgeous day out so I’m determined to get out there whether its to go home or not x

Good luck today hon :slight_smile: xx

Good luck for today. Try and enjoy the sun if you can xxxx

ThankS guys. Still waiting to see the dr and physio x