Barcelona?

Ta so much everyone!

Been sorting out the travel insurance Seems Saga is best. Tried a few. Cost £81 for both of us, with great cover.

Also booked Premier Inn close to MCR airport, as the flight is 8am and we need to check in 5 ish!!!

Finally told hubby. Me and Bev were singing Viva Espana this morning to him. He said he knew I was up to summat!

Had a few words to say, but when I asked him if he would take me, of course he said no. So that was that!

Bueno, no!

Pollx

well done polly!

you are so ready for barcelona but is barcelona ready for you???

have a fab time and many adventures

carole xx

That’s great news, Poll. I’d have done exactly the same in your position. As I was reading down the thread I was willing you to find a way to go for it and I’m so glad you have! I’m really looking forward to hearing about it. Our illnesses take so much away from us but we must not let it take away the essence of who we are and what we want to do. That’s what makes us - US

Tracey x

Yeah! To be said the way Tom Jones, on The Voice says it!

Pollx

Hi Poll

Just seen this, wow what an exciting thing you have got to look forward to, bet you can hardly wait.

Its many years since I went to Barcelona, but if you can, do have a look at the unfinished church, and take a look at the Ramblas, very nice area, lots of coffee and places to eat, and as far as I remember a lovely park to sit in.

I am excited for you, you have a lovely holiday, you deserve it, and then you will have loads to tell us, and fantastic memories.

Pam x

Hi Poll

Just seen this, wow what an exciting thing you have got to look forward to, bet you can hardly wait.

Its many years since I went to Barcelona, but if you can, do have a look at the unfinished church, and take a look at the Ramblas, very nice area, lots of coffee and places to eat, and as far as I remember a lovely park to sit in.

I am excited for you, you have a lovely holiday, you deserve it, and then you will have loads to tell us, and fantastic memories.

Pam x

So excited for you, I posted it twice!!

Pam x

Poll I can’t tell you how pleased I am.

Sometimes you have to trust your own instincts just DO IT.

I’m told that I take too many risks but for heavens sake you’re a long time dead, to be honest if it seems scary, do it anyway. I was so disappointed for you at the beginning of the thread because I know what it’s like when everybody craps on your ideas but now if I could dance a jig I would do

Jane

Thank you so much for your support and joining in my excitement.

It means such a lot to know I am doing what you all think is right!

Pollxx

What an inspiration to us all - you are - Poll. You will both have a wonderful time.

l did something exciting - for me that is. My dear friends had to have their little pug put too sleep a couple of weeks ago. And they were devastated. Looking on the Preloved site - l saw a little black pug x advertised. l showed them the photo - and they rang the seller and spoke at length about the little dog and dogs they had owned in the past - really hit it off. So l said l would take them to get it - by then they had already decided it was for them. The seller actually removed the ad from the site straightaway too. Now, l only go from this village to the next! - And there was l driving up the M42/M6 - having worked out the satnav for the first time. The lovely satnav lady looked after us very well. Talked us all the way to the door. The motorway was at a standstill for ages due to an accident and the volume of traffic.

The little pugx is adorable - and the lady who was selling it had actually rescued it herself. She had googled my friends address so that she could see his cottage and garden. He cuddled up to his new owner in the car all the way home. Two days later l went to see him - and the little dog - Gucci ! looked as if he had always lived there. There other dog - who is 14 - loved the little chap instantly and they were cuddled up together. My friends are over the moon - as l know you would be Poll. And l feel as if l have really achieved something - and that’s a good feeling to have. Think l might try venturing out more.

You would have laughed at us Poll - everytime the Miss SatNav told us where we should be going we said ‘‘Thank you Miss!’’

Well done SJ, people like you and Poll are an inspiration, it’s far too easy to just sit back and watch the world go by. I have recently committed to a 3.5 hour drive and I’m determined to do it even if the 3.5 turns into 9.5.

More power to your engines/batteries

Jan x

Feisty Boudicca Broads unite!

Sending you a pm Frances.

The little pug sounds so oooooo!

Our little Lucy is worrying us so much. She is in her 16th year now. Her belly is so barrel like and hard. Vet put her on frusemide (its for ischemic heart decease/water retention). Not looking good.

Pollxx

Hi Poll - sooooo pleased that you’ve been able to organise your ‘adventure’. Hope you have a fantastic time and look forward to hearing about it when you’re back.

Sorry to hear your little Lucy not so well. 16 is a big age - you must have had lots of fun times with her

Hugs, Hazel

Poor little Lucy Poll. I hope the frusemide is helping to keep her comfortable.

Give her a kiss from me.

xx

Ta.xx