Forum

Back again

Hi All, it’s been a while since I’ve been on this Forum :relaxed:

Long story short, about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia and at the same time had lots of other neuro symptoms. Saw a neurologist and had an MRI which was clear, he agreed with the TN diagnosis but although I never saw the letter back to my GP i know he suggested my weight was the cause of the other symptoms. It was a huge blessing (funny how fate works) as my GP put me on the path for a Gastric Sleeve and I have now lost 12 stone in total.

It has literally changed my life and I’ve been on top of the world, feeling so healthy and well I believed that I had talked myself into the previous symptoms or that they were caused by my weight or both. However, my TN came back a couple of months ago, actually not so intense as before so I’ve just cracked on with life. Few other small things have happened, dizziness, stiff legs, bladder problems but I’ve pushed them all aside and truly not thought anything of them until this morning when I could barely get out of bed. My legs were so painful and stiff, shooting pains up both sides, numbness in right hand side, pins and needles, sore soles, could only get downstairs one step at a time etc…it was like someone had taken a sledge hammer to my legs and it’s really knocked me for six and brought back a lot of bad memories from 3 years ago.

I genuinely don’t know what to do now, HELP!!

thanks xx

You need to go back to your GP and get another referral!! When you had your MRI a few years back was it both spinal and brain?

Hi Cherrytree, it was just a brain scan. I will make an appointment to see my GP, see what he thinks, thanks x

Hi Sarah, well done with the weight loss. Is the gastric sleeve permanent?

Yeh, go see gp and tell him what`s been happening.

pollsx