anyone had face pain and speech problem

Hi I’m having pain in my face and my speech keeps going funny has anyone had this as well?

Yes I have, fairly frequently, but mine is linked to my migraines rather than MS, allegedly! However, it would be as well to get this checked out if it continues or gets worse, as it could be something that needs attention. Ring your GP/MS nurse? x

hiya

no pain in face but yes frequent/daily speech probs. my mri shows huge amount of damage (a huge cauliflower shape plaque) over area which includes speech. its been permanent for over a year now BUT i miss stress it usually temporary for most folk…

ellie

Hello

No facial pain but I do get headaches/migraine.

I often pronounce words wrong…some of them rude. Only this morning, I was saying fridge magnet to my daughter but it somehow came out of my mouth with a letter missing.

I get the face pain and speech problems. I was told that it’s nerve pain and been put on pregabalin tablets. These help with the pain but when I have my ‘do’s’ as I call them it affects my speech, right hand and sometimes my right leg.The face pain I get is like jumping into a swimming pool without holding your nose and the water going up it. That’s the only way I can describe it. The do’s can come at any time and they are only 2-3 seconds long, come every 12 - 15 seconds or so and this can last an hour to 2 hours. There’s also a burning sensation down to my lips and into my head from behind my left eye and they ‘tingle’. I don’t have vision problems or anything.

I get the face pain and speech problems. I was told that it’s nerve pain and been put on pregabalin tablets. These help with the pain but when I have my ‘do’s’ as I call them it affects my speech, right hand and sometimes my right leg.The face pain I get is like jumping into a swimming pool without holding your nose and the water going up it. That’s the only way I can describe it. The do’s can come at any time and they are only 2-3 seconds long, come every 12 - 15 seconds or so and this can last an hour to 2 hours. There’s also a burning sensation down to my lips and into my head from behind my left eye and they ‘tingle’. I don’t have vision problems or anything.