Ankle spasm

I have reduced my hours but don’t think I will be able to work much longer. (I’m 50) The arthritis was bad enough but the MS on top of it is too much. It’s a pain when I can’t drive, vision goes, arms and legs not working with brain and the brick wall otherwise known as fatigue. I just can’t imagine how it is for you with constant MS and no remitting :frowning: Obviously Irish angels are amazing xxxx

To be sure to be sure we are!!

The RRMS always sounds an horrible type to me. You must feel awful on top of all your other problems.

I count myself lucky compared to a lot of the guys on here. If I stay as I am and get no worse, that will satisfy me…on a good day Lol. On a bad day…watch out world.

X

Let’s be clear, when I said Irish stock I meant descent. I was born in good old England but been to Ireland quite a few times.

X

I was born in Australia, which makes my nationality ‘Confused’ lol. The RRMS means at least I get a little break between attacks. But the new ones sneak up on me at first, then BAM I never learn. Luckily they only seem to happen twice a year so far! Hope you have a good day xxx

I have relatives in Australia. My parent’s had planned to move there in the 50/60s on the £10 ticket thingy but mum got pregnant with my younger sister.

Ages ago on here I used to chat privately to a young woman with RRMS. She was in a very bad way and it was heartbreaking to hear her story. Her relapses were coming often and she was spending a lot of time in hospital.

Hope you have a good Day too Joanne.

Noreen xx

Hi Noreen. My dad was in the RAF, that’s how I was in Australia. Left at 6 weeks old :frowning: I have had an ok day, just tired as usual which you will get. I think either my illness is not as bad as most or the PsA battle has hardened me to illness ??? I hate hospital admission but to be honest when I am confused, my speech is bad and no balance its the safest place. poor girl! I am picking up an automatic car tomorrow. Can’t wait!! It’s as if it’s built especially for me. Automatic for MS, heated steering for Raynards and high up helps arthritis. Perfect.

How was your day ? Joanne xxx

My dad was a Navy man-at the attack on pearl harbor in 1941.

Do you wish you’d stayed in Australia?

I know what you mean about the PsA hardening you to illness. I think for any longterm condition, a certain level of pain becomes the norm.

My speech/balance gets worse when I’m tired.

Good luck with your new car, how exciting.

Nothing exciting for my day. Stayed in my pyjamas, put in a wash and had a microwave pasta meal from marks and sparks for our evening meal. Oh, and a cheeky glass of red wine.

Noreen xx

Good Morning Norren, wow, brave father, mine was too young for the war so his time was between ww2 and Ireland so was very lucky. Having a bad twitching day yesterday by night time my shoulders were really sore and this morning even worse. After what I said yesterday about the Psa making you hardened to MS may not always be right!!!, Today I think the MS symptoms make the PsA a lot worse! I am loving the cheeky glass of red. I am into prosecco at the moment. A glass with a meal makes sure I keep levels down and I am not over the limit in the morning with the new Scottish drink driving law. I also have to concentrate hard until I get the automatic. My gear changing is long and repetitive which is a pain! Have a good day and I hope the weather is as lovely for you as me. Joanne xxx

Morning Joanne

I never remember my dad talking about the war but I do remember being woken up sometimes to him shouting out.

In my teens, I stupidly asked him once about killing people in the war. He just looked at me but never said anything…that was the last time I ever mentioned it. I hope he did talk to his friends about what was on his mind in relation to the war.

I’m not a lover of sparkling wine, prefer a good ‘cheeky’ red or a dry white

Sorry to hear you are feeling sore today. That’s because you didn’t touch wood yesterday!!

I hope you are having fun with the new car.

Noreen xx

Hi Noreen

Your dad will have only spoken to another forces/ex forces person. My dad spoke to me more than rest of family and my sons dad more than me. Today I am working on adrenalin, the car is beautiful and the automatic side of things went fine. Will wilt later but buzzing still!!! I am hoping rheumy can help. I know they don’t cross over but I’m hoping that with the jerks annoying joints she may do something…touching lots of wood. Are you having a cheeky little red tonight? Joanne xxx

Evening Joanne

It’s good you and your dad had a close relationship.

Glad to hear things gone well with the car, I bet you’ve had fun with it.

Sorry you’re still having problems-when do you see rheumatologist?

Yes I did have a cheeky little red with my evening meal and very nice too. Husband made lamb chops, done slow in the oven in sauce and vegetables…yummy

The buzzing and jerking is more of a neuro problem Joanne, don’t you think?

Noreen xx

Good Morning Noreen, yes I loved my dad. I in fact had two wonderful parents and was able to travel the world with them. A wonderful childhood! We had a discussion on facebook PsA page around how guilty we feel giving our children the hereditory conditions, yet I don’t blame myself so why would my children blame me.

Buzzing and jerking is definitely new and sounds Neuro but not seeing neurologist til August. Although I can contact her if i have questions or obviously I’m very unwell. We have only one MS nurse for the whole of the forth valley at the moment.

i am seeing Rheumy at 11.00 today and a chance to take my new car for a longer drive. Hoping I can do a negotiation with the meds but at worst I will come away with a steroid injection…I’m hoping!

have a great day xxxx