Amantadine help?!

Morning all Just wondering if someone could give me some advice with the use of amantadine?! My neuro adviced me starting them a couple months ago to help with fatigue, not every day but on those days when I’m going to be doing extra to help. He said to take one in the morning and then one at lunch time, I tried that and was not sure if they were working, I spoke to my ms nurse and she said that if I was usually fine in the mornings that I could take both tablets at lunch time instead to give me the extra boost later on in the day. So I have tried this too, some times I notice I can manage to stay awake longer (so I’m not falling asleep on the sofa by 9pm), but some times I’m just as tired, other than that I don’t feel I notice them helping at all! Does anyone use these, when do you take them/how many and how do they help you? Or do you use a different tablet - how do they help? Plus I glad the weather has cooled a bit, as I feel the heat definitely hasn’t helped! Thank you in advance Liana x

Hi there I stated on amantadine November 2011 and started off taking a tablet in the morning and at lunch time- everyday! It has made a difference to my fatigue levels. Last visit to ms nurse I asked if I could start reducing my dose as 2 tablets everyday seems like a lot. Now I take 1 tablet mid morning everyday. And revert to 2 when I know if will be a manic day with limited rest opportunities. Hope this is of some help. Kayla x

Hi Kayla Thank you for your reply, I wonder if I should try taking them everyday rather than as and when, I wonder if I’m not giving it chance to get into my system and do its job if im not taking them on a regular basis! I’ll try over the next few days and see how I get on. Thank you again Liana :slight_smile:

Hi Kayla Thank you for your reply, I wonder if I should try taking them everyday rather than as and when, I wonder if I’m not giving it chance to get into my system and do its job if im not taking them on a regular basis! I’ll try over the next few days and see how I get on. Thank you again Liana :slight_smile:

Sorry for the multiple replies - not sure how that’s happened!