Forum

always wanted a family

Cant help but shake this thought that i’ll never have my own family because of this ms, im a 27 year old male, always wanted to be a daddy, i never really had a father so always wanted to have a family of my own, upsets me that recently ive seen and heard of so many people accidentaly creating life, i have a partner who gets upset at me when i question whether we will be so lucky, am i being silly??

No, I don’t think you’re being silly at all. My wife and I have wondered if we’ll be able to have a kid - she’s had chronic fatigue in the pat and can still get very fatigued, so the amount of effort required can be pretty daunting. We’ve decided we’re going to try for it anyway, and make sure we get lots of support around us. And in the meantime we’re trying to spend time with friends who have kids, and my brother’s three young’uns. Even if we don’t have kids of our own, at least we can be a part of theirs.

Dan

You sound like you’ll be a great dad :smiley:

What is it that makes you think you won’t? I have MS and two little kids, and yes its hard work but they are hard work anyway! I don’t have any support and we muddle along just fine, my boys know my limitations and don’t know any different now. I try to get other people to do the energetic things with them like take them to the park, and I do the rest.

thanks for the replies guys, i know i prob will have a family one day and i will be the best dad, just a shame that i wont be able to do the daddy things such as messing about or playing in the back garden etc etc, hate that il be shortchanging them due to circumstance

thanks for the replies guys, i know i prob will have a family one day and i will be the best dad, just a shame that i wont be able to do the daddy things such as messing about or playing in the back garden etc etc, hate that il be shortchanging them due to circumstance

You’ll be able to do all the things that really matter.

Alison

x