Aberdeen anyone?

I’m having a few days in Aberdeen in the summer. We’ve found an accessible hotel. Anyone got any ideas, suggestions or advice on where to go, what to do or see. I use a wheelchair, pushed by my faithful, trust husband.

Thanks xx

I lived in Aberdeen in the 80’s, spent 10 happy years there and still visit occasionally as my brother still lives there. I haven’t been back to Aberdeen Since my legs have been really bad so I’ve never considered Aberdeen from a limited mobility standpoint. Not sure what you’re looking for but if it’s shopping you’re looking for but if it’s shopping then Union Square shopping centre, Bon Accord Centre and Trinity Centre are all good.

Not sure what time of the year you’re going or where you’re staying but there’s plenty of outdoorsy stuff to do, Duthie Park and Hazelhead Park are lovely. Heading inland, places like Banchory and Braemar are stunning. The weather isn’t always great but when the sun shines, it’s beautiful. There’s lots of lovely places near Aberdeen, such as Muchalls and Stonehaven - down by the water here is lovely.

The guide in the attached is very good and comprehensive.

http://www.snh.org.uk/pdfs/publications/places/get%20out%20and%20about%20in%20aberdeen.pdf.

let me know if you need anything further.

Derek

Hi I live there, Have a walk along the prom beside the beach, great for wheelchairs and take in Footdee with its quaint fishermans cottages.

Gordon Highlander museum and The Maritime Museaum are worth a look. Also go to Nigg and watch the boats come in the harbour and you might be lucky and see some Dolphins and Porpoises.

As Derek says it’s beautiful when the sun shines but beware of the North Sea wind.

I also recommend Banchory about an hour from Aberdeen and Royal Deeside where the queen comes her holidays.

Mags xx

Thank you both for that. We’re going in July.xx

Thank you both for that. We’re going in July.xx