Forum

1,666 Welfare Reform Deaths - CALUM'S LIST

1,666 Welfare Reform Deaths

… each year where people who the DWP / ATOS medically assess and enforce as “fit-to-work” inconveniently die after their DWP / ATOS medical assessment. How can a DWP / ATOS assessment system be so fundamentally and fatally flawed – yet allowed to continue with ministerial impunity to answer for these deaths?

Calum’s list -

The principle object of this site is to provide as definitive a list as possible to evidence the appalling carnage that the past, and current fatally flawed welfare reform is causing for real families and the friends of the bereaved.

http://calumslist.org/

We all have to protest… x

Thanks for this and other posts we all need to be aware of what is happening and hopefully be able to do something about it.

Thank you, Denny, united we stand and all that! x

Lets not forget all those who die whlst working

Anon (for specific personal reasons)

Hi

They must go. Did anyone see the tv programme about this? think it was dispatches, the man had cancer but was still told he was fit to work, the officer even told him he needed to see his Dr. A week later he was dead, how cr#p do they have to get?

Love Yvonne

Really cr#p, Yvonne, especially when you read about Chris Cann: take The Hippocrati

The 57-year-old has chronic arthritis in both hands and is also struggling to come to terms with the death of his partner of 11 years, Emma Wilson, earlier this month.

But in order to receive the new Employment and Support Allowance, Mr Cann has been ordered to undergo stringent medical tests which he believes will be a waste of time and money.

An assessment four years ago before he was confined to a wheelchair found he was unfit to work.

Mr Cann, of Cauldon Road, Shelton, said: “It seems a pointless task to me because I am already classed as a triple amputee by social services. It is a waste of time.

“Four years ago I was unfit to work and my health has deteriorated a lot since then. Even if I could get down there they will take one look at me and say I am unfit for work.

“I am very obviously disabled so I don’t see what tests they have to do. They are just making me jump through hoops.”

The Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) made an appointment for him at Atos Healthcare Stoke Assessment Centre on Festival Park for August 24 – just 15 days after he had his right leg amputated at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire.

His left leg was removed in January after he developed ulcers.

If he is deemed fit to work, Mr Cann, who was diagnosed with diabetes six years ago, says he faces losing around £600 a month in benefits.

Mr Cann, who spent 30 years working in the fast food industry, said: “I am housebound and on my own. They expect me to get a taxi which will cost me £10 each way but I can’t really do that without help.

Full Story - This is Staffordshire

Did the Atos Doctors really take The Hippocratic Oath?

I guess thousands of pounds in wages obliterates their conscience quite effectively.

Thanks for posting Sparkledust.

WE WILL OVERCOME ONE DAY!

Pat x

Hi Sparkledust,

Thanks for that, the more I read about it the madder I get. This useless government wastes so much of our money on these things when they could spend it on this countries needs Grrrrrr Grrrrrr. I went to a protest a few weeks ago and all I can say is I didn’t see any chancers there just people with disability that need their money to survive. It would be great if we could turn the tables and let Cameron and gang have our lives and we take theirs for a while I think we are made to pay them for nothing. They keep saying about saving tax payers money but they don’t pay any anyway.

Love Yvonne x